Anita Margarita welcomes you to her website. Here you can browse thru the pages and find many exciting things about margaritas, recipes and other goodies. Check out the tequila page, watch fun videos, listen to music and shop in the store. Be sure to friend Anita Margarita on Facebook and follow her on Twitter to keep up with all of her happenings.
Margarita Cocktail Facts
The original Margarita was invented in 1948 by socialite Margarita Sames. According to the legend it was during a party at her cliffside hacienda in Acapulco that Margarita began experimenting with “the drink”. Looking for something to cut the dust of a hot afternoon, she mixed Tequila Herradura, Cointreau and fresh lime juice. Her cocktail kept the party going for two weeks and today the Margarita is the #1 most popular cocktail in the U.S.
Did you know?
• February 22 is National Margarita Day
• The Margarita was the most popularly ordered drink in 2008, representing 18 percent of all mixed drink sales in the U.S., followed by the Martini, Rum and Coke, Vodka and Tonic, and the Cosmopolitan (Cheers On-Premise Handbook 2008)
• On average, Americans consume 185,000 Margaritas per hour (Brown-Forman, 2008)
• Margarita consumption peaked in the South accounting for 34.9 percent of sales; markets include Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, Texas etc. (Cheers On-Premise Handbook 2008)
• Atlanta, Miami, St. Louis and Nashville are among the best major metro cities for the Margarita (Cheers On-Premise Handbook 2008)
• The first frozen margarita machine was invented in 1971 and it was based off a soft-serve ice cream machine
• The U.S. is the number one tequila market – larger and more important than Mexico (Cheers On-Premise Handbook 2008)